The latest show:
- My first track in this program is from arranger/composer Jimmy Keating, track from his album “Swinging Scots” recorded april 29th 1957
- Tenor saxophonist Sam “the man” Taylor track from his lp “Misty Mood” recorded in 1962
- Tenor saxophonist Harry Allen track from his new album “The Bloody Happy Song”
- Alto saxophonist/composer/arranger Johnny Dankworth track from his album “The Vintage Years” recorded march 1958
- Drummer Art Blakey track from his new lp “Just Coolin” with Lee Morgan: trumpet, Hank Mobley: tenor sax, Bobby Timmons: piano, Jimmy Merritt: bass recorded march 8th 1959
- Drummer Carl Lott track from his album “Live from Lott’s Emporium” with the Texas tenors Arnett Cobb and Don Wilkerson
- The Ben Webster special track 102/520 track from “Live at the Jazzhus, Vol.1” recorded januari 31 1965 with Kenny Drew: piano, Niels Henning Orsted Pedersen: bass, Alex Riel: drums
- Arranger/composer Teo Macero track from his album “Acoustical Suspension” recorded in 1985 with Gato Barbieri: tenor sax, Lionel Hampton: vibes
- Pianist Junior Mance track from his album “With A Lotta Help from my Friends” recorded march 16th 1970 with Eric Gale: guitar, Chuck Rainey: fender bass, Billy Cobham: drums
- Drummer Shelly Manne track from his album “234” with Coleman Hawkins: tenor saxophone, Hank Jones: piano, George Duvivier: bass recorded in 1962
- Tenor saxophonist Joe McQueen track from his album “The Legendary Joe McQueen” recorded in 2015 with Ryan Conger: Hammond organ, Brad Wright: guitar, Don Kemp: drums
Featured this week:
Coming October will mark another milestone in the history of Take 5 Jazz. After twenty-two years we soon reach the thousandth show. I would ask of you to help me, much as I did when I reached the 500th show: please send me any rare or special jazzy or bluesy material, or send me a spoken promo, to make this show even more memorable!
Please contact me through social media, use the contact form to send an e-mail.