The latest show:
- Start my program with tenor saxophonist Frank Griffith track from his cd “ The Suspect” with Tom Harrell on trumpet, Joel Weiskof: piano, James Genus: bass, John Hart: guitar, Billy Drummond: drums
- Two tenor saxophonists Richie Kamuca and Buddy Tate track from “Back to the Ballroom” recorded in 1970 with Mundell Lowe: guitar, Monty Budwig: bass, Chuck Flores: drums
- Tenor saxophonist Eddie Harris track from his lp “For Bird and Bags” recorded in 1963 with Charles Stepney: piano and vibes, Melvin Jackson: bass, Marshall Thompson: drums, Roland Faulkner: guitar
- New release from “Dutch Jazz Archive///Nederlands Jazz Archief” Rob Pronk The Bebop Years Studio Sessions 1950-1957 with some of the finest Dutch musicans Ack and Jerry van Rooyen, Herman Schoonderwalt, Ruud Brink, Harry Verbeke, Toon van Vliet, Rob Madna, Ruud Jacobs, Cees See and special guests Zoot Sims and Frank Rosolino
- Saxophonist Klaus Doldinger track from his new cd “Motherhood” with Michael Hornek: keyboards, Martin Scales: guitars, Patrick Scales: bass, Christian Lettner: drums, Ernst Stroer: percussion, Biboul Darouiche: percussion
- Tenor saxophonist Jerry Cook track from his new album “Walk in the Park’ with Chris Gestrin: piano, John Lee: bass, Jesse Cahill: drums, Dave Sikula: guitar recorded sept 19th 2019
- Tenorist Grant Stewart track from his new cd “Rise and Shine” with Tardo Hammer: piano, Peter Washington: bass, Phil Stewart: drums recorded November 4th 2019
- The Ben Webster special track from his lp “The Last Concert” recorded September 6th 1973 with Irv Rochlin: piano, Henk Haverhoek: bass, Peter Ypma: drums
- Big band from Daniel Hersog “Night Devoid of Stars” recorded may 10th 2019
- Tenor saxophonist Boots Randolph and alto saxophonist Richie Cole track from the lp “Yakety Madness” recorde august 25th 1985
Coming October will mark another milestone in the history of Take 5 Jazz. After twenty-two years we soon reach the thousandth show. I would ask of you to help me, much as I did when I reached the 500th show: please send me any rare or special jazzy or bluesy material, or send me a spoken promo, to make this show even more memorable!
Please contact me through social media, use the contact form to send an e-mail.